121. THE SYNONYMOUS WORDS
- kerusso = to proclaim (as a herald), from kerux,
a herald; without reference to the matter proclaimed (which is contained
in No. 4); and without including the idea of teaching.
- kerux = a herald.
- kerugma = that which is proclaimed.
- evangelizo = to announce a joyful message; having
to regard to the matter announced (not the manner, which is
contained in No. 1).
- katangello = to bring word down to anyone, bring
it home by setting it forth.
- diangello = to make known (through an intervening
space); report further (by spreading it far and wide).
- laleo = to talk or to use the voice, without
references to the words spoken (See Mark 2:2).
- dialegomai = to speak to and fro (alternately),
converse, discuss (see Acts 20:7, 9). Hence Eng. dialogue.
- akoe = hearing. Put by Fig.
(of subject) for what is heard.
- logos = the word (spoken, as a means or instrument,
not as a product); the expression (both of sayings and of longer speeches);
hence, an account, as in Matt. 12:36; 18:23. Luke 16:2. Acts
19:40. Rom. 9:28; 14:12. Phil. 4:17. Heb. 13:17.
1Pet. 4:5. For the difference between logos and rhema,
see note on Mark 9:32.
Home | About LW | Site Map | LW Publications | Search
Developed by ©
Levend Water All rights reserved