| || |The Berean Expositor
Volume 1 - Page 92 of 111 Index | Zoom | |
24. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the
hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless
27. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with
God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou
dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is
31. And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.
32. Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the
thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.
13. And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold,
there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said
unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14. And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face
to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
15. And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place
whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
26. And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of
a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above
27. And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the
appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it
were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
28. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the
brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw
it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
Ex. 3: 14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of
Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
John 8: 58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 3: 13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man
which is in heaven.